Saucing or not Saucing Ribs

Buffalotom

Yesterday I made up some buffalo ribs. Two racks were rubbed and then sauced after two hours. The third rack was just rubbed. All using the 2-2-1 method. Everyone had their favorite but I preferred the unsauced ribs. BTW, I used BP's Double Secret Rub on them. I just like the flavor of the meat rather than the sauce. How do you all prefer yours?

firehouse_bbq

I normally only sauce my competition ribs. When i cook my "normal" ribs, they do not need sauce, especially after coming out of the foil.

MossyMO

I like both.

I'll ditto sparky's reply... I prefer going rubbed naked no sauce and having it as an option on the side, but every now and then there is a a sauce I want to give a whirl trying glazed on the ribs and in my opinion for pictures some of the nicest looking rib pics are glazed perfectly....

scooter

Some rubs I prefer a glaze of just honey. Some rubs I prefer a sauce glaze but all my ribs are always glazed with something to give them that pizzaz appeal of appearance and depending on the glaze and extra kick of flavor. Unglazed ribs just look dull and not as appetizing to me.

Top Bottom