Spatchcock Chicken and Veg on Firewire

SmokinSteiny

So, got back home Monday evening and had my first cook on my Traeger last night.

Did Spatchcock chickens marinade with Smoke On Wheels BBQ Marinade and dusted with Plowboy's Yardbird.
2012-04-04_15-47-22_630.jpg

Also, Did some Veg with Balsamic glaze and put them on Firewire.
2012-04-04_13-28-30_89.jpg

2012-04-04_13-41-52_74.jpg

Put them on my Traeger Deluxe, set to 325 degrees and cooked to 163 internal then let rest.
2012-04-04_16-07-11_872.jpg

Veg on the Grill Grates
2012-04-04_16-35-35_122.jpg

Finished product, Chicken was awesome but need to work on my Veg cooking skills.
2012-04-04_17-25-14_914.jpg

It's nice to be home again. We went to Sam's on Tuesday and bought alot of other meats so there will be more to follow and hopefully I'll knock all the dust off my cooking skills. I'm missing a few photos and this is my first cook for the forum so please be gentle! ;):p

Thanks for looking!!!

sparky

your chicken and veges look great. you dont have to dust off anything. you still got it partner.

TentHunter

Looks mighty fine to me.

I love my FireWire skewers too!

Chicken was awesome but need to work on my Veg cooking skills.

Not to worry, you'll get it. Were the taters undercooked mixed with the other veggies?

SmokinSteiny

Thanks guys!!! Going upstate this weekend so that's the only cook for this week. But I got some ribs, chuck roast and some good looking ribeyes along with some Kobe Strips, so I plan on keeping the posts comin while I'm home. Those Firewire skewers are pretty rocking!!

Also, I've been ordering from BPS the last 6 months and haven't seen the packages since I've been away, I must say the way BP and his staff conduct great service each bottle individually wrapped and awesome packaging. I know that's what everyone says but man it was sure more trouble than I expect any vendor to go through! BPS is Awesome, you've got a customer for life with me!

Were the taters undercooked mixed with the other veggies?

Tent, you are correct they where pretty undercooked, I sure didn't think that through very well at all. Once they where on the grill I realized that it was a bad idea.

Rip

Looks great! When I mix taters with veggies on skewers, just thin slice the taters, they'll cook fine.

squirtthecat

Welcome back!! Food looks great to me... I'm still fumbling with veggies on the smoker as well. Potatoes are my nemesis.

Top Bottom