Spatchcock Chicken--Veggies, Potatoes w/Mak Banana Nut Bread

Spatchcock Chicken with MAK Fried Red Potatoes, Jacked Up Veggies and MAK Kissed Banana Nut Bread

We had a lot of ppl and family over today, and since this was the last Sat. of Spring Break a Big MAK Cook was required. First was the Banana Nut Bread. This recipe is old school from the early days of my marriage, so I decided to try it on the Mak. Here's the players w/recipe:

WP_000437.jpg

On the Mak @375 for a little over an hour using BBQ Delight Apple Flavor from BP.
WP_000441.jpg

A little over an hour took it off:
WP_000443.jpg

Now onto the Chicken Spatchcock Style!!! Here's the players:
WP_000444.jpg

After removing the Keel Bone, Chicken got a healthy dose of Lube and Spice. Threw it on the MAK @ 225. Meanwhile I cut up some Red,Green, and Yellow Peppers along w/ Zucchini and Onions. Take a look:
WP_000451.jpg

WP_000452.jpg

Smoked for 1.5 hours until IT of 145 then Hit it with Finishing Sauce. Today I used Blues Hog and Big Moe's(Newest addition from BP!) Sorry no pic...i had too many and removed this one.

Pulled at when IT of breast was 183. A little higher than I wanted but it took a while to carmelize

Now for the potatoes: Red w/ some Garlic Pepper and Li'l Louies w/Pepper. Put it on the Mak with the veggies. (I also kicked temp up to 450)
WP_000455.jpg

Removed Veggies and Potatoes and Plated up, just in time for 2nd Half of Ohio St and Syracuse....Here's a pic all plated up:

DSC_0575.jpg

Now: I took everyone's advice earlier this week and Kicked temp up to 450 to see if I could get "Crispy Bite thru" chicken skin....here's a pic:
DSC_0580.jpg

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who gave advice to me. BP has the best site on the net. =)

Here's a final pic of the banana nut bread. A very Happy Ending indeed!
WP_000448.jpg

Great day for the family...everyone in my house took part...like i said last week its an event now...had a blast and I hope you enjoy the pics. Thanks for lookin.

ACW3

That whole meal looks great! I am a firm believer in spatchcocking a chicken or turkey. I beleive they stay juicier that way, without having to inject. Nice clean bite on the chicken!

Art

MossyMO

Very nice, i could take care of a plate of that chicken, veggies and banana nut bread for you!

Last edited:
Top Bottom