This weeks Challenge..Scooter is the judge...

scooter

Sorry tent! I did like the bacon weave brisket!

Only 3 to choose from. Deb, FLBR and Jim. I appreciate process pics documenting how you turned raw ingredients into your final product which include a pic of your product in your pellet cooker. Need to promote our favorite hobby!
Of the two that did that, it was very close between Deb and FLBR.

FLBR put up that close up money shot of his brisket with the awesome pellet cooker smoke ring although the meat looked a tad on the dry side. I would have sprayed it with water or brushed it with brisket drippings to give it a glistening appearance. Like I said, for my part, this really is mostly an appearance contest as I can't smell or taste any of the entries... :(

Deb put up a great series of shots showing her ham from raw to brine to cooker to sliced to her final plating with the sides, then threw in the ingredient lists. Although, no real close ups.
I think in the end, Deb's series of process shots culminating in a final plating shot is what tipped the balance.

Deb's ham dinner is the winner of the BP $10 giftcard this week! Congrats Deb!

FLBR's brisket is 1st runner up

Jim's beef tenderloin is 2nd runner up

Honerable mention goes to TentHunter for a series of process pics of items he cooked for a special anniv meal for he and the Mrs then an awesome final plating series that made me want to crawl through the internet to his house for dinner! Just need to show how pellets were used brother! Next time! :)

Last edited:

TentHunter

Well done Deb! A whole week in the making, that was a pretty awesome looking ham indeed!

Scooter thanks for compliment; I'll be sure to follow your advice for next time :)!

Big Poppa

Administrator
Great job

A plea to all of you to post and join...In many contests it is a coin flip who wins...in other cases you can learn something from the comments as everyone is so suportive.

Deb....another 150 weeks and you will get a MAK.

Deb

Great job

A plea to all of you to post and join...In many contests it is a coin flip who wins...in other cases you can learn something from the comments as everyone is so suportive.

Deb....another 150 weeks and you will get a MAK.

wouldn't that be 300 weeks - I have to judge every other week ;) actually 301, I already spent the first one :)

Deb

Good thinking...you also may lose once in awhile.....its daunting but possible!

I'm sure that 300 weeks will involve lots of my $

This is a lucky streak for me, I usually don't win anything.... I'm sure all will be normal very soon.....

CarterQ

Hopefully will be back in the saddle this week, the MAK was under the weather this weekend but Dr. Bob came to the rescue so we should back smoking today.

Top Bottom