This weeks Contest..Cliff is the Judge Bring it on!

Rip

sparky (the guy who came up with the butter, honey & brown sugar for ribs, ha ha BP).

Haha, you and BP are too funny. I just thanked you for giving me the idea, which i believe, (sharing), is what this contest is really about... now I find out you didn't invent foiling :)

TentHunter

Haha, you and BP are too funny. I just thanked you for giving me the idea, which i believe, (sharing), is what this contest is really about... now I find out you didn't invent foiling :)

You know that made me realize that at least two of the contest entries credited other forum members with recipes: Sparky's ribs (by Rip) and Squirt's Pastrami Rub (by Deb). Pretty dang cool! :cool:

sparky

two ppl stated my name when they made ribs. i'm thinking i should get some of the cut.....lol. oh, and for the foiling thinging.

Rip

Haha, Sparky you get a lot of press! My ribs are an amalgam of techniques learned from Bear, Sparky, BP, Andy (HoDeDo), and others. Time, temp, rubs, mops and finishes get tweaked every time out. Meat down side down during foil (thanks Andy) brought a new bolder flavor profile and a tweak to cooking times.

It's all good...not all that important where an idea originated, it's more important we as a group keep them alive for others to see, use, and then add to. That's where this contest excels!

bflodan

Wow, look what I started with my Sparky rib post... I have foiled ribs before but have never did the honey, brown sugar, butter foil... When I first started watching this forum it seemed like Sparky did that every week.... I gotta give him the props, my son is eatin ribs now!!! Wether it was his idea or not!! Keep the ideas comin!!

sparky

yes i do. i am not a internet superstar. just a guy who loves bbqing. BP is the superstar. i have learned alot from him. like a older brother. lol. i just run with what i learned. i would like your autograph though BP. would also like a picture of the Big Poppa Smokers team. grand champions. how cool is that. i just pleased to know ya'll. :cool:

Top Bottom