Today was a very good day thanks to BPS!

bflodan

Congrats Trent!! I cant wait for that day to come for myself....I have it narrowed down to the PR36 or the HB Gourmet....Keep those cooks coming!

TTNuge

Will be feeding your Viking fans too as my bar is just on the other side of the river and we get a lot of them for games. Worried abot them chocking on the bones though as they think they are filleted.

I'm a realistic Vikings fan so I try not to get my hopes up. The wife is a Packers fan with family from WI so we try to stay neutral in the house but anyone from MN/WI knows that isn't very realistic. Perhaps we'll have to make a trip to your place some time this winter to check out the big boy Meadow Creek.

Big Poppa

Administrator
LEts get back to the PR36 vs Hasty Bake...CarterQ was faced with the same choice and picked the hasty Bake.....I love them both...You cannot beat the hasty bake for grilling and higher heat baking...The Meadow Creek is the most versitile cooker I sell

TTNuge

It wasn't an easy choice and when I first saw the Hasty Bakes I thought for sure that I would be getting one. I think for right now it probably would suit my needs a little better than the Meadow Creek does because I am mainly interested in the high temp grilling. But in the long run I wanted that versatility and the ability to go low and slow and smoke/grill large batches of food for people.

Obviously the only option is to buy one of each.... plus a couch to sleep on because the wife wouldn't let me back in the bedroom!

sparky

Obviously the only option is to buy one of each.... plus a couch to sleep on because the wife wouldn't let me back in the bedroom!

lol, to funny trent. i thought i was heading to the couch when i bought the 2 one stars.

SisInLaw

I'd love to take that Johnny Trigg class but it's a bit pricey for lil' ol' me. Can everybody participating share some notes?

TTNuge

I'd love to take that Johnny Trigg class but it's a bit pricey for lil' ol' me. Can everybody participating share some notes?

Sharing notes is definitely frowned upon, probably even prohibited. Not sure if they make you sign something or not but as far as I can tell it's pretty standard that you're not allowed to tell others what you've learned. That's why even after all these years, you can find info out there on what people *think* Johnny does to his ribs but I don't think any have the exact recipe down and even if they did they wouldn't know for sure.

Mums the word!

CarterQ

LEts get back to the PR36 vs Hasty Bake...CarterQ was faced with the same choice and picked the hasty Bake.....I love them both...You cannot beat the hasty bake for grilling and higher heat baking...The Meadow Creek is the most versitile cooker I sell

BP Is right I suffered for several months going back and forth between the Hasty Bake and PR36. I settled on the Hasty Bake because I loved the versatility- grilling, baking, rotisserie, and higher temp smoking. I love being able to raise and lower the coals like a Santa Maria style grill. The top shelf is a great tool for setting up steaks for a reverse sear as well. I'm still learning it but it is a grilling machine, a great oven, and if you dial it in ribs don't come out too bad either. So many great options! That PR36 is nice looking though....................

Top Bottom