What will you be smoking for Easter?

CarterQ

For those of you cooking the Easter meal this year what's on the menu?

Unfortunately I don't get a chance to "show off" this year (that's what my wife calls it)

We are going over to my Brother in laws place for Easter. I get the privilege of being subjected to lighter fluid infused Kingsford briquette outdoor cooking. I might have to sneak some good lump in......

Anyway l look forward to living vicariously through everyone's cooks!

Last edited:

Scallywag

I'm trying to come up with something different, I am having both side of the family over. We are doing a pot luck thing but for some weird reason they expect be to bbq something up! ( wonder what gave them that idea ) Dont want to do something predictable like turkey.. hmm...

jimsbarbecue

Strube Brisket and a Strube round roast. Some ribs for good measure . Doing a potato and celery root dish I learned from Chef Lindsey at the Williams Sonoma cooking classes. Grilled asparagus like what Steph cooked for Friday dinner at the Santa Anita competition. Our home is open to all and on Holidays our daughter who works in the entertainment business has coworkers who are sometimes far from home and invites them to join us. She lures them with BBQ instead of traditional Easter food. Depending on the guest list maybe BBQ beans ,Mac and cheese, etc.

Buffalotom

Since it looks like Jim's place is going to be crowded I guess that I will resmoke a ham, add mac and cheese and Baked Beans. We will be using the bacon that I had cooked on top of my brisket last week to add to the beans. Yes we froze the bacon afterward. All is good!

scooter

Going to my brother's house for Easter dinner with all my family. We were asked to bring dessert so we're bringing our new go-to dessert which is the chocolate hazelnut truffle tart with creme anglaise and raspberry sauce and cooked in the MAK.

IMG_8714.jpg

Deb

If I hurry to Squirts is there room for me for the ride to Jim's? then i think we need to figure out where Scooter's brother lives

I have nothing planned for Easter yet. I was going to brine a ham but since it's not brining yet I don't think that's happening. Plus, depending on how this week goes I may be working all weekend.

Buffalotom

On second thought I may try to find Scooter's brothers house and have dessert. Seriously Scooter, do you have a recipe for that tart?

Scallywag

If I hurry to Squirts is there room for me for the ride to Jim's? then i think we need to figure out where Scooter's brother lives

I have nothing planned for Easter yet. I was going to brine a ham but since it's not brining yet I don't think that's happening. Plus, depending on how this week goes I may be working all weekend.
I have lots of room in my truck Deb!

scooter

On second thought I may try to find Scooter's brothers house and have dessert. Seriously Scooter, do you have a recipe for that tart?

Tom, I emailed the recipe for the tart, the creme anglaise and the raspberry sauce to the email address you registered on the forum with.

sparky

i hope i am smoking a big fat cigar. maybe make some smores. easter for us is honeybaked ham (i love these), scalloped potatoes, candied carrots, hawaiian rolls, home made biscuits, apple and pecan pie. champange all around. moo juice w/ dinner. wife and kids will have wine. good to get the family together. liquor and swaping stories. family. :)

TentHunter

A smoked Honey Ham is on the Menu. There's just enough time to get an 8 - 10 lb. one going, if I get to the butcher this morning, so that's the plan.

And I think I just added SmokerJoe's Cinnamon French Toast Bake to the menu too!

Last edited:

HoDeDo

I just did a "Lamb and Ham" class to get folks ready for the Easter table. I really liked the boneless leg we cooked up.... but the little racks were the show stealer. Will probably grill them off on the old Hasty Bake once we get back from Osage City!

scooter

That chocolate hazelnut truffle tart looks amazing! Have you/would you share the recipe? Thanks.

Barbara

I sure would like a copy of that to Scoot! Thx

No prob, you're going to love it!! Email sent to the address you registered on the forum with.

Here's a link to the thread where I posted some of the pics from the making of the dessert.

http://www.pelletsmoking.com/pelletsmoking-com-gallery-10/chocolate-hazelnut-truffle-tart-3879/

Top Bottom