Why should I enter the contest? I have no chance of winning...

muebe

Nothing wrong with cooking what you know and like Sparky!

But for those who venture out into different areas of cooking the contest is a mechanism for greater creativity. Competition is what drives this country to strive to be the best and the weekly contest is the same.

I see some outstanding cooks in these contests and like the challenge! It brings out the creative side in me ;)

RickB

But for those who venture out into different areas of cooking the contest is a mechanism for greater creativity. Competition is what drives this country to strive to be the best and the weekly contest is the same.

Well said my friend...if only....

RickB

My wife has gotten to the point where she fends the company off if they get too close before I get the pictures..

That's too funny! My wife sits tapping her fingers as I get the pics! I dont blame her it's time to eat.

RickB

i don't think so. i don't give a rats @$$ what you ppl cook :

Really? I always thought that was the whole point of being in a forum like this! To share ideas, recipies and cooking skills. If the day comes that I feel I can no longer learn anything from the people here it's time to go. I know I have learned quite a bit from you and all the people here. And I hope I have given a little back. If there is a little competition to get the juices flowIng all the better. When it comes to food variety in not the spice....it's the main ingredient! I'm just sayin.

Last edited:

Big Poppa

Administrator
What it is what you want it to be...as long as its friendly, health, non religious and non political It should be entertaining, enriching and inspiring.

I think that Spark didn't mean to sound so crusty. We know what he does and he does it very very well. His energy and personality are extremely valued here. Hes family.

Having said that if it wasnt for forums SParky wouldny be cooking bacon wrapped corn....

I think the point is that some compete to get ideas...some get ideas and inspiration just from sharing....

The great thing about the comps is that it breaks you out of your molds should you decide to. Life can get pretty programmed and hopefully for some this is a cool diversion.

sparky

A) I think that Spark didn't mean to sound so crusty.

B) Having said that if it wasnt for forums SParky wouldny be cooking bacon wrapped corn....

C) I think the point is that some compete to get ideas...some get ideas and inspiration just from sharing....

A) crusty. lol, i thought i was sugar coating it.

B) very true. i learn alot from you guys and girls. you inspire me all the time. i try new stuff because of ya'll.

C) to compete here is great if that interest you. if some of you don't know it i had a stroke 6 years ago. when you spend 3 days in the hospital unable to control what is going on around you that sucks. so when it took me 6 months to learn how to talk and eat all over again is not fun. to have your grown children feed you like a baby is something you don't forget. to have your wife teaching you how to talk and pronouce words you don't forget either. so everyday is special to me because it could be my last (ppl who have strokes have over 50% chance of having another one, except worse). the only thing that matters to me is my wifes happiness, my kids educated and healthy and my 3 ladies in the back. i meant no harm or disrespect to anybody if i don't take the contest seriously like ya'll. its just not that important to me in the grand scheme of things. sorry. :(

Last edited:

Tatonka3A2

Sparky - I can't imagine what you and your family went through. I can see how something like that would completely turn your world and everything around it upside down. And I can certainly see your perspective on things after reading that. It does make a person stop and think about how lucky we are to have what we do and the people that are in our lives.

Big Poppa

Administrator
Spark as a guy with a sick child I have an idea...

You still were cursty! heheheheh

Sparky its all very good...cook some more.....Im hungry

sparky

You still were cursty! heheheheh

Sparky its all very good...cook some more.....Im hungry

i got no problem w/ that. got a butt on Ursula and pig candy and hot dogs on Hazel as we speak. i love ya'll (most of ya). were all good friends. thats the most important part. its the ppl who touch my life that matters to me. i have interaction w/ everyone here. some of you i know a little to well (you know who you are, lol). you ppl know me too. all of you always know what i'm thnking. i'm not one to hold back much. now, enough of this s#!t. lets dance...... :) :) :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom