Contest! Been really strong lately Keep it going!

Kite

Fish Tacos, yum yum!

Okay, so continuing on the diet theme, this week it is fish tacos. Here is the fish doctored up with some lemon pepper, garlic salt, and a little EVOO

DSC03220.jpg

Then on the Memphis at 275 for a little smoke

DSC03226.jpg

In the mean time.. mix up some pico de gallo

DSC03222.jpg

A quick splash in the very hot oil for the shells..

DSC03224.jpg

Now on to the dessert (what!? I said I was on a diet, not CRAZY!). We actually have 2 desserts going today (okay, maybe I'm cheating just a bit.. but they are low fat and low cal desserts.. really..) Anyway, we have an apple pie/gallet and some pear thing I dreamed up (pears and apples from the yard). For the apples we have apples (duh), brown sugar (go easy now), lemon juice, cinnamon, and a tad bit of starch

DSC03229.jpg

Mix the apples and other stuff in a bowl

DSC03249.jpg

Break out the phyllo and prep 6 sheets - mix honey with a little warm water and brush between each sheet. Spray a baking dish and lay the phyllo inside. Then fill with apple mixture

DSC03251.jpg

Next the pear thingy. Start with pears, brown sugar, gouda, lemon juice, and taragon. Mix in a bowl

DSC03234.jpg

DSC03235.jpg

DSC03238.jpg

cont..

Kite

cont..

Then lay out on 6 sheets of prepared phyllo

DSC03243.jpg

Roll into a log and dust with cinnamon/sugar

DSC03246.jpg

Okay, the fish is looking ready to eat. Let's get to it!

DSC03252.jpg

Come on honey, your spoon is blocking my shot!

DSC03255.jpg

Oh yeah, these look good enough to eat!

DSC03258.jpg

Okay, Memphis up to 350 and let's get the dessert cooking

DSC03261.jpg

Holy cow, it is time for the good stuff!!!!

DSC03262.jpg

We had visitors in the back yard while we were cooking.. they look good enough to eat!!

DSC03203.jpg

DSC03212.jpg

Hope you all enjoyed.. thanks for looking!

Tatonka3A2

Dry Aged Ribeyes

Started with some dry aged Ribeyes that we had in the freezer. Coated with some roasted garlic olive oil and seasoned with Tatonka Dust and some Canadian Steak seasonings.

Off to the Yoder with only the magic of the Amazing Tube Smoker filled with Cherry. Also threw on the Twice Baked Potatoes. These were straight from the freezer to the grill.

In the meantime I was sauteing some onions in butter on the stove top. I let these smoke for an hour and then turned the Yoder to 180° and cooked for 30 mins. Removed the steaks and fired up our little camper grill with the grill grates to high.

Move the Yoder to 275° Added a frozen bag of brussel sprouts to a pan with some minced garlic and a couple shakes of BP Desert Gold. Potatoes still cruising along and added some garlic toast.

Tossed the steaks on the grill grates for a couple mins

then a FLIP

Plated up

oh... almost forgot one of the best parts.... the onions!

money shot

And finally desert - Apple Cheesecake Bars. These are amazing!! I think you may gain 2lbs just looking at the picture.

Last edited:

Scallywag

Prime rib roast with Ox Tail Au JusGetting colder here and I wanted a nice Sunday dinner.. so here we go!
3 bone Prime rib roast.. rubbed with Money!

Next going to work on the Au Jus.. Ox tail with some tomato paste, onion, celery and carrots to catch the roast juice.

An hour in I added a cup of red wine and some fresh thyme.

3 hours later.. roast is ready to rest

Scallywag

Plated.. And I must say really good.. The Ox Tail brought a really strong beef flavor to the plate.. a keeper for sure!

Thanks for looking!!

wneill20

i dont do this often because it is me and the wife but why not.
Rubbed and ready
8520d6d83be4c2b21aeb90b594fe6659.jpg

On the smoker
c95df4a5a0ca08b45154f52d91a3dc25.jpg

After a couple of hours
8d7f4e0719b90fa1abfc6253e0787081.jpg

And ready to wrap
14bd145c66d534ac68bb27481d73be09.jpg

Looken good
3a48aceb46687df490f5d08c6e4f490c.jpg

Sliced
009a084ce473127e51bb66377247b809.jpg

My Plate
9ce1fb14b519e7564ea6790d8589c9de.jpg

It was very good, sandwich here we come

SoDakSmokerGolfer

Cold Smoked Beef Short Ribs - Braised with Rigatoni

Started with getting the tube smoker loaded with some Sugar Maple and Jack Daniels
View attachment 1673

Next I set the short ribs on the MAK with the tube going... Rigged them up with a cold "hat" of ice... Let these go for a few hours.
View attachment 1675

A little wine and veggies for the braise... I vac sealed the ribs and let them sit over night in the
View attachment 1672

Ahhhhh the hot tub is almost ready
View attachment 1676

ease on in boys...
View attachment 1674

More to come...

SoDakSmokerGolfer

On the plate...

No Pics for the next few steps... Went into the MAK @ 300 for 2.5 hrs. Pulled it, took the meet out and strained the bits from the juice. Reduced the stock down.... pulled the meat from the bone and mixed them together. Served it up with some Rigatoni with some butter/parm sauce...

View attachment 1677

Patrick_CT

A 2 day adventure

I have been wanting pulled beef (since I never made it myself) and needed to prep for some lunches during the week...so this is a two day adventure in comfort food!

Rubbed a roast down with spicy mustard and brisket seasoning. Onto the Drum using lump and cherry pellets mixed in (running about 225)

About an hour in:
IMG_1208.jpg

Pulled it around 155 and made a foil pan with Guinness, onions, mushrooms, roasted red peppers and some more seasoning: (the parts in the strained went on top once the roast went into the pool
IMG_1207.jpg

Looks comfy! Back into the drum for a few more hours.
IMG_1209.jpg

Pulled it when it hit 202 and let it rest for 30mins.
IMG_1212.jpg

Pulled apart perfectly!
IMG_1213.jpg

Plated it with Jasmine rice and Shock Top
IMG_1216.jpg

My 4yo boy loves to make cookies and bought some premade dough... So these he made for dessert.
IMG_1217.jpg

Patrick_CT

Day 2.

Using the pulled beef that is all mixed in the wonderful juice. I chopped it a little more and made the mushrooms smaller. Added some artichoke hearts (roasted and marinated from Costco)
IMG_1240.jpg

IMG_1241.jpg

Cooked some whole wheat rotini pasta al dente. and mixed in alfredo sauce with all the above items. Topped with gorgonzola, shredded mexican blend cheese and hot cherry peppers on smoke for an hour then bumped to 275.
IMG_1242.jpg

Cooked some snack things for the kids (trying to clean out the freezer)
IMG_1243.jpg

All done
IMG_1244.jpg

Simple plating for a good stick to the ribs meal.
IMG_1246.jpg

Wife and I sat at the table for a long time playing with our son so we kept snacking at the dish... I only have one lunch left from this.. hahaha... oh well

Hope everyone had a great weekend!!!!

TentHunter

Creamed Chicken & Biscuits - Part 1

Deb called for comfort food, and I've been wanting some kind of chicken pot pie, so here we go.

Spatchcock a chicken, season it up with some salt, pepper, rosemary & sage both under the skin and a little on top. Onto the MAK.
CC%2526B01.JPG

While the chicken is cooking, prep some veggies: Potatoes, Carrot, Celery, Onion & Peas. Par boil the potato, carrot & celery just a bit. Then after the chicken is done put the veggies on the MAK to roast until done.
CC%2526B02.JPG

While the veggies are roasting cut up the chicken...
CC%2526B03.JPG

Use the bones & giblets to make some stock, then creamy gravy with a big dollop of butter...
CC%2526B04.JPG

Make some homemade biscuits...
CC%2526B05.JPG

Assemble in a cast iron pan...
CC%2526B06.JPG

Then onto the MAK to bake for about 20 minutes. It's making me hungry!
CC%2526B07.JPG

While that bakes, for desert, let's whip up some Peach Melba Crisp (peach/raspberry).
PMCRISP1.JPG

The Chicken & Biscuits are done, so into the MAK to catch some smoky goodness.
PMCRISP2.JPG

Continued...

Last edited:

TentHunter

Creamed Chicken & Biscuits - Part 2

The Creamed Chicken & Biscuits are done. Time to eat!
CC%2526B08.JPG

I'm so glad Fall is here!
CC%2526B09.JPG

And for dessert. Peach Melba craving satisfied!
PMCRISP3.JPG

Thanks!

Deb

wow, incredible cooks this week, this never gets any easier.... I don't think that there is a single entry that I wouldn't have enjoyed eating......

3rd place..... Sparky and his Ever Get the Munchies..... those wings did it, everything looked great but the wings, oh yeah......and If I ever get the munchies I know what backyard I want to be in. Spark - what's in the foil?

2nd place..... Muebe and his Meat Sushi, wow incredible planning and execution. It all looks great, I wouldn't know what to eat first but I'm sure I'd eat it all. I'm doing the brocolli and sprouts right after I find some of the soy vay sesame.

1st place
I'm so glad Fall is here!
CC%2526B09.JPG

And for dessert. Peach Melba craving satisfied!
PMCRISP3.JPG

I saw this and said oh,yeah that's what I want. Comfort food at it's best. An incredible looking chicken and biscuit finished off with peach melba crisp. So, Tenthunter gets first!!

muebe

Congrats to the winners!

And nice job to all the entries. A lot of great cooks this week. Very tough contest!

Thanks for judging Deb!

And thanks for the playground BP ;)

Kite

Thanks to everyone for playing!! Judging was tough, but Deb you hit it right on the money as far as I'm concerned..

Top Bottom