Contest! It just keeps getting better! Get free stuff enter!

RickB

Found a recipe from Per Sea restaurant of Thomas Keller fame. It was Lobster and Corn Chowder. Now that sounded like something I could make Smokealicious. So here we go with Smoked Lobster and Corn Chowder with Smoked Eggplant Bruschetta. Part 1

Took the kernels off 4 ears of corn. Cobs Into some cream and onto the MAK for 1 hour.

IMG_1394.jpg

IMG_1396.jpg

Rinsed and chopped some leeks, onions, celery, shitaki mushrooms, half the corn kernels and some baby Yukon golds.

IMG_1406.jpg

Get that bacon fat out of the fridge, add the veggies and sweat for 15 minutes. Add some chicken stock ,saffron and simmer for 30 minutes.

IMG_1409.jpg

Put into blender and process till smooth. Pour thru find mesh and heat on low

IMG_1420.jpg

Lets smoke the lobsters. Not to long don’t wont to over cook.

IMG_1428.jpg

Lets make the garnish. Add some finely diced celerly, Yukon golds, shitaki mushrooms and the rest of the corn kernels into some butter and sauté till tender

IMG_1436.jpg

Lets add the lobster

IMG_1439.jpg

IMG_1441.jpg

Part 2 coming

Last edited:

RickB

Part 2

Onto the bruschetta

IMG_1404.jpg

sliced and onto the mak

IMG_1405.jpg

Into the food proccesor with some evoo and Parm

IMG_1419.jpg

Always use the good stuff

IMG_1402.jpg

Spread onto some toasted ciabatta

IMG_1437.jpg

Add more parm broil to melted add tomatos and fresh basil

Add some some fresh tarragon to the soup and the money shot looks like this

IMG_1442.jpg

IMG_1445.jpg

IMG_1444.jpg

Gotta go the wife is hungry

Enjoy!

Last edited:

GA Que

@Soupyjones

Looks great, anything with Goat Cheese in my book has to be good. Especially on a smoker!

Last edited by a moderator:

GA Que

@Deb, Don't know what to say other than I amazed at your creativity and the things that come off your MAK, Great looking meal!

GA Que

@Scallywag

Very nice cook and the beer is the perfect fit to finish it off

GA Que

@RickB,
Amazing!!!!!! This one is going to be hard to beat! but they just keep coming!

GA Que

@TentHunter,
I can now see why everyone is saying that once you own a MAK, you will eventually put on some extra pounds. I think a little extra pounds is worth this dish!

TentHunter

Chili-Cheese Dogs - Carolina Style!

This one's for Art!

Ok, I hardly ever get to eat hot dogs anymore because of food allergies. There's one brand I can get locally and they're not cheap ($7 8-pack), so when I do them I want to do them up right!

What's my favorite way? Well if you spend any time in North Carolina you go into a place and order a hot dog "All the Way" and you're going to get mustard, chili, onions & slaw. I love 'em that way!

The fixings...
CCD01.JPG

The MAK Griddle's ready... in goes some Ground Chuck, minced onion, chili powder & Little Louie's.
CCD02.JPG

All browned. Stir in some Tomato Paste & water. Add the dogs.
CCD03.JPG

Buns warming in some foil. Almost done...
CCD04.JPG

I'll have Two dogs All the Way, add cheese please!

Mustard, Onion... Chili, Cheese...
CCD05.JPG

Top with some slaw & maybe a splash of hot sauce. HEAVEN ON A BUN!!!
CCD06.JPG

What better to wash it down than a classic Cherry Cola?
CCD07.JPG

Two dogs fixed my favorite way, a gorgeous day to eat outside with the family...

Life is good!

Last edited:

squirtthecat

Corned Beef Trio

St Paddy's day... And it's 75° and sunny! (when I started this, ended up 62 and raining sideways)

Gonna be "the mowing of the green" tomorrow. Sheesh.

IMGP8266.JPG

Time to fire the MAK. 2 corned beef flats, some Guinness, and Garlic Salt Lick. Yes, I'm serious.

IMGP8254.JPG

First one gets trimmed and dumped into the Dublin Tub.

IMGP8255.JPG

2nd one gets a little Driftwood Pastrami treatment.

IMGP8256.JPG

Sentry-in-training is keeping an eye on the squirrels.

IMGP8265.JPG

--

Couple hours later.. Getting some nice color now.

IMGP8273.JPG

IMGP8275.JPG

I'll probe them around 3 and see if they need to be foiled or not.

Meanwhile... My attempts to core a cabbage were a complete failure, so I ended up butchering it, a bunch of red potatoes, and a corned beef point that I steamed last night. (also with a can of Guinness)

Everybody into a deep pan with some chicken broth.

IMGP8270.JPG

Tossed him in the MAK to render some of that fat out of the point, then I'll foil it tight to steam the veggies.

IMGP8278.JPG

We'll check back in a while.

squirtthecat

Corned Beef Trio cont.

Time to cover this one up and let the veggies steam..

IMGP8284.JPG

--

We had some huge storms rolled in, so I had to cut this short. I foiled the CBs around 145° and let everything hang out in the crockpots until our guests arrived.

IMGP8285.JPG

IMGP8293.JPG

The Salt Lick Garlic CB was killer good...

MossyMO

Shrimp ABT's

21 Jalapeno's

-----

42 shrimp with Louisiana Cajun seasoning

-----

42 poppers with Philadelphia Cream Cheese, sharp cheddar shredded cheese, minced garlic, and more Louisiana Cajun seasoning and shrimp

-----

42 poppers with Piladelphia Cream Cheese and shrimp wrapped in bacon

-----

42 poppers with Piladelphia Cream Cheese and shrimp wrapped in bacon and on the Yoder set at 250º with the A-MAZE-N for a little additional oak smoke.

-----

The finished product

Deb

Beautiful day here, simple cook tonight.

Some chicken legs and breasts in SOW bbq marinade. Then cubed up some roasted garlic ciabatta for croutons and tossed in a little of the SOW marinade. Everyone in the MAK

photo-89.jpg

tore up some lettuce, grated some parm, whizzed up some caesar dressing , tossed it together
topped with a little more parm and the croutons

photo-90.jpg

simple but perfect for such a beautiful day

FLBentRider

Smoked Whole Rainbow trout - Jamaican style

Start with 3 fresh Rainbows
DSC_2128.jpg

Into a zip bag with some Jerk marinade
DSC_2129.jpg

a couple of hours later, onto the MAK 2 star with BD Hickory pellets @275F
DSC_2130.jpg

plated with Parmesan & Romano Cheese rice.
DSC_2131.jpg

To say it was a hit is an understatement. The marinade penetrated well without being overpowering, there was a good smoke flavor. The skin was a little tough, but we don't eat the skin anyway, and it served well to hold together for removal. Eating whole fish is not for the dainty, but it was GOOD! My oldest son (who is picky about fish) had seconds.

There were no leftovers.

Bacon Wrapped Pork Loin w/Homemade Potato Salad and Pimento Cheese w/Apples, Bananas and Leprechuan Dip

Another beautiful day in the Bluegrass! What better excuse does one need for some Q! Thought i'd try something a little different for me as i've never tried this before. Let's introduce the players (in order of use):

WP_000420.jpg

Next was the neverbeforetried weave....wasnt so bad. Threw it on the Mak and about an hour later it looked like this:

WP_000419.jpg

Mak Temp 250 for 4 1/2 to 5 hrs.

And here she is resting away....lets eat I'm gettin hungry!!

WP_000421.jpg

Here's a closer look:

WP_000427.jpg

Meanwhile, decided to surprise my wife with Homemade Pimento Cheese. This is her dad's recipe. Very easy and simple to put together. Here's a pic of the players:

WP_000416.jpg

in the bowl ready to be mixed:

WP_000418.jpg

and finally all plated up:

WP_000431.jpg

oops...i almost forgot...we had this for desert. Cut up apples and bananas with my world famous Leprechuan Dip =) Ingredients are: Marshmallow Creme with Soft Philly Cream Cheese and a little green food coloring. Here's a pic:

WP_000425.jpg

Had a lot of fun, family, and food

Thanks for lookin!!! and thanks BP for this site!!!

Tatonka3A2

Irish Pub Meatloaf

Was searching for something in line with the St Patrick's day holiday and Rachael Ray was cooking up a Irish Pub Meatloaf...that was perfect. Marty loves meatloaf so that worked for me.

Here are the main stars of the show

Start with sauteing the celery, carrots, onions and garlic in some extra virgin olive oil. These go about 10 mins and then added in 1/2 of the beer. Let the beer reduce by half and then remove from heat and let cool.

While the veggies were cooking I took the marble rye bread and soaked in whole milk.

Next cut the corned beef into big pieces and then into the food processor to mince up to add to the meatloaf.

Mixed the buffalo burger, corned beef, spices, cooled veggie mix, eggs, worcestershire cheese and the bread. The bread you take out of the milk mixture and squeeze out as much milk as you can. Then take and crumble into the meat mixture.

Formed into 2 meatloaf's onto the frogmats and added some bacon across the top.

Here they are on the yoder after 1 hour at 150 and another hour at 250. Also is some baby brussel sprouts in a light garlic butter sauce.

Here is a close up.

In Rachael Ray's words.... YUM-O!!!

Here is the link to the original recipe.
Rachael Ray Show - Food - Irish Pub Meatloaf

fishingbouchman

Ok I will try my hand at this. Not the best pictures. I an green horn!

Found a rub online out of desperation. Working on a list so I can visit Big Pappa and then start really cooking with the right tools.

Pulled Beef was the target. On the Mak 1

photo.JPG

After I pulled it. Felt like the probe went in pretty easy.

foil.JPG

but didn't pull as easy as I would have liked. But it did taste pretty good so it wasn't a waste.

pull.JPG

Even better was the left overs.

pizzaa.JPG

pizza.JPG

Couldn't get a picture fast enough. The wife and kids were eating it faster than I could cut it. I only got one slice

pizza%2520finished.JPG

And this was the method I used to get the rest of the food into my mouth

taco.JPG

Love Wings so had to try them.

wings.JPG

scooter

Achiote-Marinated Chicken Breasts

Achiote-Marinated Chicken Breasts covered with Mango Salsa and drizzled with Lime Creme Fraiche over Chile Orange Black Beans.

Dessert is Chocolate-Hazelnet Truffle Tart in a puddle of Creme Anglaise drizzled with Raspberry sauce and whipped cream.

Both recipes are from the Mustards Grill cookbook
mustards.jpg

Start by cutting the breasts in half then pounding the breast halves to a uniform size then marinating the chicken breasts in achiote paste, orange juice, rice vinegar, oregano, cumin, garlic and olive oil for 3 hours.
IMG_8630.jpg

Meanwhile, make the Lime Creme Fraiche by adding lime zest and lime juice to the creme, then make the Mango Salsa by combining roasted red bell pepper, roasted jalapeno, mangoes, red onion, cilantro, mint, scallions, red chile flakes, lime juice and EVOO
IMG_8635.jpg

IMG_8636.jpg

Get the beans going by sauteing onions, garlic, red bell pepper, pasilla pepper. Add lemon and orange zest and juice, cumin, red chile flakes, salt and pepper. Add to the cooked beans and simmer for a while
IMG_8646.jpg

Now grill off the marinated chicken breasts, since I was cooking dessert in the MAK at this time, I needed to use my kettle with an aluminum foil pellet pouch.
IMG_8653.jpg

Plated over the beans then added some of the Mango Salsa over the chicken then drizzled with the Lime Creme Fraiche over all. It was so good. The lime creme and the mango salsa played very well off the pungent achiote marinated chicken. The citrus infused beans were a great backdrop.

IMG_8663.jpg

IMG_8661.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom