MAK Grills Launches Web Application: www.makgrillsmobile.com

MAK DADDY

Ok got my new mak 2 star with the wifi module. I'm having trouble staying connected, I finally was able to pull it up on my phone, but then whenI went to check ttemps it wasn't connected again, I hit retry and nothing.... I have an open network because I have way to many things connected and got tired of doing codes all the time. Since its open it should be straight forward, it's only about 20' away from the router. I really hope someone could help me out.. It was so cool for the few minutes it was connected.

Contact [email protected] and we will help you out.

JD McGee

So...if I wanted to use the Wi-Fi module on the road (travelling to competitions)...would I need a router to connect with the controller... or could I just use my phone or tablet? Also...is there a distance limitation?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

dpom

i just ordered mine can't wait. My first brisket came out great using the BP recipe,I can't wait to do the next one with the WiFi.

jimsbarbecue

So...if I wanted to use the Wi-Fi module on the road (travelling to competitions)...would I need a router to connect with the controller... or could I just use my phone or tablet? Also...is there a distance limitation?

You need a Internet connection and a router. The Bluetooth MAK remote pellet boss maybe better in that situation

JD McGee

Yep...I have the remote boss...just curious about the Wi-Fi in case I want to monitor the MAK from a distance further than 300 feet.

dnew

After having used both WiFi and Remote Boss, I think the WiFi could be problematic on the road because you would either need your own access point/hot spot or SSID info on local access points to program the Pellet Boss. Depending on the security on the local access point, it might not be available or supported. It would be interesting to test. I used mine this weekend and from home it worked great.
The connection from the MAK to the internet on the road would be of concern to me. I always carry a hot spot but for long weekends with constant connections, that could get costly. Keep in mind that it is a either or sitution, i.e., Remote Boss or WiFi - separate board components.

JD McGee

We have the Verizon Jetpack (mobile hotspot) but I think we would still have to be near the hotspot to monitor...so...I will stick with the Remote Boss for comps.

Mr Hickory

That is ultra slick....I am thinking I need one just so I can control a cook from my desk at work to have it ready for dinner.

Saxguy

My 4 star has now migrated from my driveway to about 10 ft of where it will finally sit. Hoping the wifi will be available soon!

AN89AG

Is there any "help" info posted for the WiFi? I am having an issue now, but things worked well in the recent past. No one is home at MAK on the weekend.

EDIT: I restarted the MAK and that seemed to resolve my problem.

Last edited:
Top Bottom