Sparky is the Judge! This weeks contest!

CarterQ

Sangrita Fish Tostadas

Had a hankering for some seafood last night so we decided to try some fish tostadas with a Sangrita sauce. I ususally do this with red snapper but snapper didn't look so great so I subbed cod. Here we go:

Got a couple of cod fillets and hit them with garlic olive oil and a Mexican seasoning blend.

b1991305.jpg

Onto the smoker @225 for about 40 minutes

a213fe1e.jpg

About halfway through basted with Sangrita sauce (Blend of Tomato juice, Orange juice, lime juice, grenadine, and hot sauce. Usually used as a tequila chaser)

ed2bb311.jpg

Ready to go

1d4c4d52.jpg

d83f66c8.jpg

Flaked the fish in a bowl and removed any bones still hanging around

7cb0f599.jpg

Added fresh Cilantro, Green onion, lime juice, and Jalapeno to the fish mix

c03dd408.jpg

Tostada time, start with a layer of black beans, add the fish mixture and sangrita sauce, sprinkle a little jack cheese, top it off with fresh sliced avocado and tomato.

37d55d8e.jpg

08087b0b.jpg

d2ae0ecd.jpg

These came out great, I always forget how great the pellet cookers do on fish!

Last edited:

nepas

Every thing looks fantastic. Great job

My neighbor asks me why the mailman brings my mail when i get boxes to the door? I say because i give him slim jims ... HAHA

Big Poppa

Administrator
Love it nepas.....enter some of your food and he will bring some gifts! Those tacos look out of this world.... All of the food...Loook at the choices...Venison pastrami...chicken cacciotore.and the list goes on

TentHunter

Oh boy...A double header of Jack Daniels Dishes for church.

Yeah boy! And they were both big hits too. :) (of course everyone knew the alcohol is all cooked off). This was my first time doing a Jack Daniels pulled pork and it definitely will be going on my list of favorites. The JD really flavors it well.

TentHunter

Oh, I knew you were ;)... we had a lot of fun joking about it too, but even more fun eating it!

He he, folks also joked about being glad I have a smoking addiction!

Last edited:

sparky

wow, very impressive ppl. i am having a hard time with this one. 3 to 4 meals really stands out for me making the decision very hard one. you ppl are outstanding. way to bring it. :cool:

sparky

well, right to the point.

3th place>>>Deb. chicken cacciatore looked great. liked that you used the same herds on the chicken & veges. loved that you put it on spaghetti. very different.

2nd place>>>TentHunter. triple jack daniels pulled pork was a novel concept. liked that you paired it with the jack daniels beans (my sons name is JD, it was a phase i was going thru). i wanted one of those sandwiches.

1st place>>>only one choice here. Carter. sangrita fish tostadas. oh my gosh. i wanted those so bad. very light, fresh and very appetizing. i liked all the components on them. out of the park, dude. 2 thumbs up garth....:cool:

TentHunter

Wow, an amazing array of entries. Congrats to everyone on getting to eat your entries.

Those fish tostadas looked so good they had me wanting fish tacos ever since I saw them. Well done!

Deb, I love Chicken Cacciatore and yours was absolutely gorgeous!

I hope some or all of these entries get reposted in the gallery section.

Big Poppa

Administrator
guys keep it up Carter is judge this week. I have to say I loved all of them but I really coudnt get the tacos out of my mind. great work

CarterQ

Congrats to all, just another week a beautiful cooks. Every entry was a winner and I am humbled by all your nice comments, thanks so much. I posted the Tostada recipe in the recipe section for anyone who is interested. Look forward to judging this week!

Top Bottom