This Weeks Contest bflodan is the Judge

Rip

Thai Peanut Butter Chicken Roulades

Ok, been kicking this one around in my head for about a month now...finally pulled the trigger.

First up is the Peanut Butter filling.
1 cup crunchy PB
4 tbs soy sauce
1 tbs brown sugar
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbs ground cayenne
2 tbs lime juice

Mix together and slowly add just enough hot water to achieve a creamy texture.
IMG_7273sm.jpg

Then butterfly the chicken breasts and spread a layer of sauce
IMG_7476sm.jpg

Next, roll, tie, and frost with more sauce
IMG_7778sm.jpg

Sprinkle on a coating of Panko crumbs.
IMG_0079sm.jpg

Then, make up a little Sparky inspired dipping sauce (smoke the pineapple first) and into the food processor.
IMG_0083sm.jpg

Onto the grill at 250 until IT 165 (~90 minutes)
IMG_0084sm.jpg

Hot off the grill. Yum yum!
IMG_0085sm.jpg

Plated with the sauce and some awesome stir fry noodles my wife whipped up in the wok.
IMG_0089sm.jpg

Oh yeah, I'm really happy with how this came out!
IMG_0090sm.jpg

jimsbarbecue

, lol. your to funny. nope, just called my 94 year old dad for the fish recipe that he use to make for us when i was a child. you guys are in for a treat. :)

We will want the full recipe!

Rip the chicken looks good . How would you describe the flavor?

Last edited:

Rip

Rip the chicken looks good . How would you describe the flavor?

Spicy hot peanut buttery chicken with a hint of smokey goodness. The 'Thai' sauce had a very good flavor and we have already thought of several other uses for it! The JD pineapple dipping sauce was a nice compliment to swizzle a bite of chicken in.

Last edited:

sparky

Tilapia Provence Style

i remember has a child my dad use to make this french fish dish for us. it's called Talipia Provence Style. he learned it from a lady he stayed with for two weeks while in the war in the region of Provence, French. he did say they drank alot of Cognac and ate well. it started with this stuff.
P3130001.jpg

P3130013.jpg

a little hasty bake on onto #336 on smoke for 1/2 hour.
P3130019.jpg

chopped up fish and added gloves, onions, saffron, bay leaves, thyme, salt, pepper, garlic olive oil and cognac. chopped 2 gloves of garlic and 1 onion really fine. dad said the garlic and onions should melt in the pan.
P3130027.jpg

cooked for 5 minutes. then added wine, tomatoes.
P3130030.jpg

covered and let cook for 45 minutes on 325º. had 45 minutes to wait so....
P3130037.jpg

had a glass or 2 and a nice Davidoff 2000. man oh man. nice. it was raining but i didn't care. dumb dog. wifes dog.
P3130044.jpg

well, 45 minutes later and wa la.
P3130046.jpg

made some wild rice and added fish. topped with tomatoes and a little cheese. it was fantastic.
P3130056.jpg

the flavors were to die for. my wife and daughter ate the whole thing. my dad did say the lady in Provence was a great cook. and we will leave the rest of that story alone. this brought me and my dad closer thanks to ya'll. we talked for more than a hour. thank you. :)

Last edited:

FLBentRider

Six racks of Baby Backs

DSC_00843Medium.jpg

A little rub
DSC_00852Medium.jpg

Onto the MAK
DSC_0086Medium.jpg

Almost done - need to transport to Mom's for a get together
DSC_00872Medium.jpg

Ready to serve
DSC_00013Medium.jpg

DSC_00023Medium.jpg

Sides
DSC_00033Medium.jpg

DSC_00053Medium.jpg

done!
DSC_00064Medium.jpg

TentHunter

Jamaican Feast

I've been craving some Jamaican Jerk & Conch fritters. Real Jamaican Jerk is so full of vibrant spicy flavors and smells that it's well worth the trouble to make some up.

Jerk Pork & Chicken

The Jerk Marinade - Scotch Bonnet peppers (Habaneros), scallions, thyme, allspice, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, garlic, black pepper, orange juice, lime juice, vinegar, brown sugar & some veggie oil.
JERK01.JPG

I spatchcocked & pricked a chicken all over with a fork, deeply scored a pork butt and put them both into a container with the marinade for several hours in the fridge.
JERK02.JPG

The pork went on the grill first along with some Savory Herb Oak pellets and a small handful of Jamaican Pimiento Berries (whole Allspice) in my cast iron smoking pot.
JERK03.JPG

The pork was foiled with some more marinade as braising liquid. The chicken went on next along with a fresh pouch of pellets and Pimiento Berries. I simmered & reduced some marinade with a little sugar to make a glaze for the chicken and pork.
JERK04.JPG

Conch Fritters

I love conch fritters! The Conch meat took some doing to locate and wasn't cheap, but was well worth it!

A red bell pepper was put on alongside the pork so it picked up the Savory Herb & Pimiento Berry smoke. I thawed 1 lb. of the Conch meat & chopped it in a food processor.
JERK05.JPG

The fritter batter was made using the smoked red pepper, conch, flour, baking powder, egg, beer, sugar & spices. Scoopfuls were dropped into hot oil to fry.
JERK06.JPG

The Jerk Pork & Chicken were glazed before pulling off the grill.

The Jerk Chicken finished
JERK08.JPG

The Jerk Pork & Fritters
JERK07.JPG

Served with classic Jamaican Rice & Peas (red beans and rice cooked with some allspice & coconut).
JERK09.JPG

Hope you enjoy!

Cliff

Deb

Wow, everything looks awesome!

Tent - you gonna post full recipes for the jamaican feast in the gallery (pretty please)

Top Bottom