What does your Handle mean?

SwineBrother

The name of my old competition team was The Swine Brothers. Our team motto, inspired by Orson Welles and his campy salesmanship on behalf of Paul Masson wines, was "We will serve no swine before its time."

SmokeAndSpice

I like smoking, and I like spicy food, and it's the name of a BBQ cookbook I really like that I bought a bit after learning to Q-- Smoke and Spice by Cheryl and Bill Jamison.

Canyonier

I am "canyonier" (not a real word, real word is "canyoneer") because I have a passion for the Grand Canyon. I have hiked several of the trails, been on 4 raft trips thru the canyon, and have visited there many times.
I am otherwise known as Glenn.
Glenn

Chuckster

Chuckster: My name is Chuck (obvious) and I use Chuckster or chuckster57 (year I was born) on lots of other forums. When I was working, my partner was also named Chuck and he started calling me chuckster about 28 years ago. We were chuckster and chuckster incorporated!!

Elderberry

Several years back, when I still worked for a living, my boss handed me a Blackberry and said "take it everywhere you go except in the shower". Since I didn't know much about the Blackberry I decided to join their forum and learn. Being a bit older than many of the members (and having the 8830 model which is red like an unripe elderberry) I just picked Elderberry for a user name. I used the same name for some other forums too and have just stuck with it. It seems to match up with the avatar rather well....

El Guapo

I don't remember they "why" of it, but my buddies in high school started calling me Guapo after the character in The Three Amigos movie. It has stuck for 25 years.

And Scooter, I also thought Elderberry was a Monty Python reference.

rivraton

rivraton=river raton(Spanish for rat) spent 30 years running around the Sacramento /San Joaquin delta, til the price of fuel on a fixed income made it impossible. So I sold my Chris Craft and bout a small motor home, but I'm still a river rat at heart...

Starship

We have a motorhome that has model name Kountry Star. Travel quite a bit and often refer to it as the starship, as it takes us places that we haven't been (take off on the old Star Trek TV show). I started using Starship on an RV web site about 10 years ago and just seemed easier to use it everywhere than try and remember a new name every time I went to a forum.

Smalls

I'm 5'3" and my old boss liked giving the new guys nicknames. One day I did something dumb and he yelled out "you're killing me Smalls!" and it was like you could actually see the lightbulb going off over his head. The name stuck. I think more people know me by Smalls than by my real name.

bark biter

Bark Biter would seem simple enough on a smoking forum, but nooooo.

The real meaning is back in February we were sledding with friends at thier cottage and I kinda hit a baby tree off trail and our groomer co-ordinater who was with us started calling me Bark Biter.

Otherwise I have plenty of other names, but I like this one best.

smokinlobo

Thought I already replied to this thread.
Well,
Two things I like...wolves and Smokin' foods (lobo is spanish for wolf).

FireHouseSmoker

Well, it is time to chime in on this one!

Smalls, that is great, the line actually comes from the movie "The Sand Lot", fantastic movie is you can remember as a kid just putting together a baseball team in the neightborhood in the summer just to play and get out of the house.

I normally go by "Backdraft864" which is my job being a firefighter and the number are the IAFF (International Association of Fire Fighters) local that I belong too. I have also gone by "Phoenix" again because of my job.

But for this forum I thought I would use the FireHouseSmoker because most of us at the firehouse do cook up some great meals. Since we have to cook for everyone on shift, which routates each shift so everyone get a turn (but, I hate to say not ALL can cook). Since, I have gotten the Traeger the wife and I have cooked on it every night except 7 nights in about 4 to 5 months now (excluding the days I am at the firehouse) I am not sure if the lovely wife cooks on it or not! When I am at the firehouse the guys are always asking so, what new ideas have you smoked up? I don't know if they are tired of hearing about it or really are interested. The have not complained about some of the leftovers I have brought to work and they have indulged in!!!

kskomodo04

When I first connect to the internet some 19 years ago I had no idea what the heck a username was so when I found out I was not real imaginitive and I looked at the computer monitor and "komodo" was the name of the monitor so I began using it. Then along came a divorce and loss of a computer and I eventually forgot my secret squirrel password my email and had to sgn up again, imagine finding out that "komodo" was already taken ( I wonder who would have done such a deed) so I re-registered as "kskomodo04"

Top Bottom